Sunday, July 20, 2008

Surprise Chocolate Fudge

I got this recipe when I was still cutting hair. Miss Betty would bake us something for Christmas every year and this is one of the fudge recipe thats she made for us. When I asked her for the recipe I was very SURPRISED when I seen what it was made with.

1 can (15 ounce) Pinto Beans - (rinsed and drained)
1 Cup Baking Cocoa
3/4 Cup Butter or stick Margarine - (melted)
1 Tbs Vanilla Extract
7 1/2 Cups Confectioners' Sugar
1 Cup Chopped Walnuts - (or any kind of nuts you like)

Microwave safe dish, mash Beans with a fork until smooth; cover and microwave for 1 1/2 minutes or until heated through. Add Cocoa, Butter and Vanilla. (Mixture will be thick) Slowly stir in Sugar; add Nuts. Spray a 9 inch square pan with non-stick cooking spray. Press mixture on to pan, cover and refrigerate until firm. Cut into 1 inch pieces. Yield: 3 1/2 lbs

2 comments:

Dora Renee Wilkerson said...

Pinto beans.. Now that is a surprise!!

I'll have to try this too.

Renee'

apple blossom said...

Now I'm curious. I may have to make the fudge and see how it turns out. I actually have posted at my site a Baked Bean Brad. It surprisingly turned out fairly yummy. You can check out the recipe here.
http://www.homesteadblogger.com/teaching4Him/90383/

Abi