Monday, July 21, 2008

Fried Green Tomatoes






I started out with Green Tomatoes fresh from my front yard garden. My plants are doing really good I would say. So I brought my Green Tomatoes into the house and washed them really good. I do put seven dust on my plants to try to keep some of the bugs and worms away. So I cleaned the Green Tomatoes real good and then cut them up into slices. I'm using corn meal with some salt and pepper, egg with a bit of water( you probably don't need the water cause your frying them in oil, but I did)and then I have some Italian bread crumbs. I was watching a show the other day and the guy was making chicken fingers and he said to do the dry first and then wet. Well I've never done that before so I tried it today. It worked. I usually would dip in egg and then corn meal but now I will do both. So I did a few corn meal egg and then bread crumbs. Then a few corn meal egg and then corn meal ( I guess you would call that double dipping). Then I made a few egg and then corn meal. I Liked the egg then corn meal but the boys liked the double dipping and the Italian. Make sure you use OIL and not corn syrup like someone else i know.LOL fry for just a few on both sides and then put on paper towel. Eat how ever you want too, we like ranch dressing.

No comments: