Sunday, July 20, 2008

Choclate Buckeyes

My friend Renee, her mother always made Buckeyes. I got this recipe from her years ago and I still LOVE those Buckeyes (Go Wolverines).

Buckeyes

1 lb Peanut Butter
1/2 lb Butter - (melted)
1 1/4 lb Confectioners' Sugar

1 (12 oz) Chocolate Chips - (melted)
1/3 slab Wax

Mix Peanut Butter, Butter, and Sugar in a bowl. Roll Peanut Butter mix into 1 inch balls (I like to refrigerate Peanut Butter mix for an hour before making into balls). Melt in double boiler (if you have one) Chocolate Chips and Wax. Take Peanut Butter balls and using a toothpick stick into Chocolate Chip and Wax mix.Only put in 3/4 way to make them look like Buckeyes. Put on wax paper and let cool. Store in refrigerate if you would like. Not sure how many they make cause I'm always eating them as I make them.

1 comment:

Dora Renee Wilkerson said...

I am going to get fatter if I keep reading your blog.


Renee'