Friday, March 21, 2008

Doug and the water tower


This is why I need to get life insurance on Doug. It was below freezing for a few days and the water tower was leeking water. So Doug had to climb to the top and check it out. I don't think that I would ever want to do his job. He had to break all the ice off the steps on the way up just to see if the electrodes were out. When he got up there he found out that it was the phone wire that had been broke. Now who in the world would ever know that it takes a telephone wire to keep a water tower working. Not me thats for sure. The telephone wire runs a signal to tell the pump to turn on or off.

1 comment:

Dora Renee Wilkerson said...

Wow, that's freaking crazy! I just thought he poured some water in a test kit and that was it! Goes to show you what I know..lol..

Post more!

Come on, you know so much stuff.

It's kind of fun having a blog. You can post whatever you want (and I'll read it and so will others!!!)

Miss you and I sure hope that one weekend this summer we get together (I KNOW we will even if I have to drive to your place myself..ok, with my kids..)

Renee'